Sunday, January 27, 2013

UFO No. 1 Down

I'm happy to have finished the first UFO of the year, and managed to get it photographed just as a few flakes were starting to fall.  Now it looks like a swirling snow globe out there, whew!

Fun colors and fabrics in this one, I think.

I did my usual meandering in a variegated Sulky thread.  I am curious to see how this thread holds up in the wash and wear-and-tear real world.  Methinks it may not be quite up to the task, but perhaps I'll be surprised.  Live and learn, at any rate. 

The back is a Moda Marbles with a batik strip in the center.

I need a good name for this quilt, whose working title has been "Number Three," based on which choice I went with for bordering it.  I was thinking along the lines of "Bright Pathways," but that sounds a lot like a counseling center.  Other than that, I gots nuthin'.  Brainstorm away in the comments!

This is one of my first quarter 2013 Finish-A-Long projects, A Stitch in Time January 2013 finish, and I'm linking to Can I Get a Whoop-Whoop? too!

she can quilt

January Finishes

11 comments:

Allison said...

what a fun twist on a split rail fence quilt :) Sorry, I got nothin' for ya in the name department - i'm terrible at naming quilts and don't bother naming mine

Michelle said...

Congrats on your first UFO finish of the year! What a happy quilt. :). I am a terrible namer of quilts. Cheerful Rays?

Diane said...

Congrats and nice job! That is so crisp and bright with the little snow around.

Sharon said...

Adorable! Congrats on a finish. LOL about counseling center name... It totally is!

Nicole said...

Rainbow brick road?

Sarah Craig said...

I'm drawing a blank on the name, but it is definitely pretty! Such lovely bright colors!! Whoop whoop!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Not being a quilter, I'm not sure what THAT kind of UFO is.

There is, however, a UFO parked by the side of US 53 near one of the Chetek exits, I believe.

I was IN LOVE with our snow globe world today! Bring it on, baby!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations on your first finish! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I've never named my quilts...well I have in a way...the one I'm working on now is Spencer's quilt. So original. Sorry I can't be of more help. Your quilt is beautiful. I love the bright colors. Let us know how that thread holds up.

MomWaldsPlace said...

Good timing and GREAT QUILT!

Elizabeth said...

I'm not really good at naming other people's quilts. When I name a quilt, I mull my feelings about the quilt over in my head. However, I'm going to give it a shot here. Here are a few suggestions: Rainbow Connection, Retro Rainbow, and my favorite, Hadron Rainbow Collider {see also, Hadron Collider}.

And now, for the really important business of telling you how much I love that quilt! The colors and fabrics are completely awesome! Your meander is beautiful and I love the variegated thread! Love it, I tell you. I did a quilt in Sulky and so far, it is holding up pretty well! Beautiful finish! Yay you!

xo -E

John'aLee said...

Crazy Land?? Love the spontaneity this quilt offers! And good for you reaching out to others to help name it! You might even like a word someone uses, and another word someone else uses and combine them! Just a thought. Good luck on naming it!