Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Care to Kaleido?

I joined the Kaleidoscope Quilt Along at Don't Call Me Betsy.  

I've wanted to make a kaleidoscope quilt for quite a while.  Over the past several months, I have bookmarked some favorites for inspiration, bought fabric...

...made a couple test blocks with scraps and a cardboard template.  I even have a killer name picked out for this quilt (talk about putting the cart before the horse).  

But that's as far as it has gone. 

I know, I know.  I have several quilt tops to quilt and other projects in the hopper, but when I stumbled across this quilt along, it seemed the perfect time to s--- or get off the pot, as the saying goes.

I am equal parts stoked and scared.  Since I'm going to try some crazy fabric combinations, it could be awesome or it could get ugly.  In any case, I'm sure it will be interesting and fun.

How about you?  Care to kaleido?  Head on over to Don't Call Me Betsy.  Fabric requirements are discussed here.  Cutting instructions will be coming on June 23.  There is a Flickr group too! 

4 comments:

Shay said...

I saw that QAL and considered it for about 2 minutes before I slapped myself and decided I have way too many other irons in the fire.

I am sure you will turn out something fabulously gorgeous and uniquely P- that will have us all gasping in awe and wonder.

Have fun!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Yes I am going to Kaleido too, because slapping myself like Shay did would hurt too much, even though I probably need it more than she did!!!

Tabatha said...

In November, dh and I gave up sugar, wheat, corn and beans (paleo diet). Red wine is fine and a sanity saver, we had already given up coffee.

We had some ups and downs but after a month or so, the withdrawal symptoms were gone. The health improvements were tremendous, especially our digestive systems!

We do cheat a little with some 85% chocolate and have added coffee back in moderation.

Good luck!!

Michelle said...

Like you, kaleidoscope quilts intrigue me. Awesome that you're jumping in. :-)