Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"It's My Potty..."

"and I'll cry if I want to..."  Oh, but those would only be tears of JOY!  

Thanks to our friend Dan the Man (as in handy), who put up the new light fixture, fan, towel bar, TP holder, and refurbished cupboard during the past week, the half bath redo is done!

I've got a little fine-tuning to do, and I'd like to do a bit more in the way of decorating (this is all I could cobble together today).  

Maybe some framed photos, and something else in the blue Red Wing dish, perhaps something soapy or seasonal.  (Check out these cute little fabric acorns.  Wouldn't that be cute?)

I love seeing my Royal Haeger swan (R-182) up there, and the clear Pyrex fridgie on the shelf!

So that's where all my marbles went...I thought I'd lost them.

Let's review the before picture:


And after:

Thanks, Elizabeth, for encouraging me to repaint the cupboard, and to everyone else who suggested it.  I was really on the fence, but you know, it was absolutely the right thing to do.  We had a little snafu with the doors, but Dan came through with a fix.  Whew!



Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a date with my sewing machine!

9 comments:

Jane said...

Looks gorgeous!! I love the blue/brown combination and the cabinet looks great with it's fresh white paint job. A great transformation!
Jane

GaAm said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! So light and airy looking. Do you want to come and do mine?

Elizabeth said...

P., your bathroom is so nice! I love, love, love it! And the cabinet came out beautifully. I love the brushed nickel everywhere and my favorite touch is the framed print. Beautiful!

xo -El

Anonymous said...

I just agree with Elizabeth above. Tell me about painting the cabinet, or if you have posted about it....I am very interested I have whole kitchen to do.

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, P.! I know you're glad to have it done - and it turned out so nice!!

Paulette said...

Colordujour, I'd love to tell you what I learned from painting this cabinet, but can't reply to your comment due to your settings. Email me and I'll share my experience, but keep in mind I'm no expert. The gist of it is, be sure to prime first!

Shay said...

OMG I love your toot re-do. You sound well pleased with it too.

The white cabinet is the perfect touch and I love the print as well.

I prime everything...seriously. Trust me- Ive painted so much crap lately I never want to have to paint again so I prime the crud out of it all. And top coat numerous times.

Oh and I love the lights too...I wanna come and use your loo!

SueWis said...

I love it! Love the colors and your cute cupboard and your light fixture!

I laughed out loud at your marbles comment, and I am not one to laugh out loud. :)

Michelle said...

Fabulous! Your bathroom makeover is gorgeous! Love the light blue, and your updated light fixture. The white cabinet looks great. I was one saying it should not be painted, but now that it's done, I'm glad you didn't listen to me. :-)