Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dresden Plate Pillows


I finished the Dresden plate pillows last night. Yay!

Complete with invisible zippers, Talon circa 1971, via the thrift store.

I love finding a use for random old notions almost as much as finding a use for random vintage fabric.

Joann had a sale on pillow forms last week, which was timely.

These are going to my daughter. (Honey, if you're reading this, stop by and pick them up!)

I have really enjoyed the Dresden Plate Sew Along over at So Happy! I think this is the end of it for me, though. I have unfinished things to attend to and new ideas in the hopper, but I will still keep tabs on the others working on their Dresden projects with Kristen. There are some amazing things in progress!

I am linking to Sew & Tell Friday at amylouwho. My only other sewing this week has been to let the hem down on a pair of slacks and start hemming a graduation robe for my niece!

17 comments:

Kristen said...

Such pretty plates! I am very glad you were able to use your mother's template and made such a beautiful set of pillows. Can't wait to see what your next project will be!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Dresden Plate is one of my favorite patterns, and your color selections just sing to me. :-)

SueWis said...

Love these! Lucky daughter. :)

Sarah said...

The pillows turned out great and you have such an amazing story behind your love for Dresden Plates!

Sarah Craig said...

Those turned out so pretty! I just love the colors, and am completely envious of your daughter!! What's your next project?

GaAm said...

Those are gorgeous! If M. doesn't want them, feel free to pop them in the mail to me. :)

Jane said...

The pillows are absolutely gorgeous. You have a real talent for mixing colors and patterns!! Your daughter is very lucky!
Jane

Shay said...

Beautiful. If your daughter doesnt wnat them I'll have them!

QuiltyBee said...

Beautiful--these will be treasured!

ktquilts said...

Awesome color combo. Just love how different this block can look depending on the colors and fabric patterns!! Thanks for sharing!!

Blessings,

KT

Kate said...

Awesome, awesome dresden color combo's. LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing. Oh, the hidden zipper was genious!

Nicole said...

My goodness, those are so cute! Very nice combo and lots of petals on the plate.

Carla said...

You know if she doesn't swing by to get them I will be more than happy to! Love these and the colors you used are perfect :o)

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my, your Dresden plates are to die for!!!!

Miri said...

Fabulous! I love the green with the purple-who would have thought-its perfect!

Leslie said...

these are such a gorgeous color combination, beautiful finish.

Heather said...

Oh my, those are gorgeous! My favorite colors, too! :o)